About the ESF
The European Shiatsu Federation the “ESF” is non-party, nondenominational and non profit-making. The main objective of the ESF is to advance Shiatsu as a healing method throughout Europe and to promote high standards of professional practice.
It aims to establish throughout Europe the legal right to practice Shiatsu as an independent, self-regulating health-care method, legally available as a first choice treatment option to the public. Also to establish, and to revise from time to time, procedures for the mutual recognition of professional practitioners, teachers and schools between member associations.
- To promote the ongoing development of professional education and of standards of practice.
- To promote the ongoing research into the effectiveness and benefits of Shiatsu.
- To promote educational/research, practical and social exchange between Shiatsu professionals in Europe.
- To represent the interests of the Federation to the European Union and all its relevant institutions, and to any other relevant international bodies.
- To promote the establishment of National Professional Shiatsu Associations where these do not exist.
- To support the activities of the National Professional Associations in furthering these objectives.
- To establish good working relationships with other organisations that share these or other compatible objectives.
- The members of the ESF are those National Professional Shiatsu Associations which subscribe to the above aims